Association Jeunesse pour la Paix et la Non Violence (AJPNV), Chad
Association Jeunesse pour la Paix et la Non Violence (AJPNV) was established in 2000 as an independent not-profit making organization. It was founded by a group of health professionals, lawyers, human right activists and psychosocial workers as a response to a desperate need for free medical, psychosocial, social, and legal assistance for victims of torture and violence, and also to promote the important role played by health professionals in the promotion of human rights.
AJPNV since its establishment has been able to reach thousands of victims of torture. It has been an IRCT member since 2008. AJPNV is making an effort to develop strong links between health professionals and human right workers.
AJPNV's vision is to realise the right of everybody to access to health services regardless origin, sex, believes and health status.
Focus areas of work:
- Protecting and promoting human rights
- Rehabilitation of victims of torture
- Promoting the right to access health services for everybody
- Promoting the important role of health professionals in realising human rights
- Preventing torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment
- Providing free medical treatment, psychosocial counseling, legal and social support to victims of torture
- Monitoring health-related human rights, including the right to health
- Awareness-raising on the right to health
- Training health professionals on the reality of torture, and on their important role in right-based approaches to health
- Advocacy on health and human rights issues
- Prison visits
Association Jeunesse pour la Paix et la Nonviolence (AJPNV)
Avenue Taiwan, BP: 6318 N'djamena, Chad
Tel: 0023566233650 / 0023566267969