International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT)
The IRCT is a health-based umbrella organisation that supports the rehabilitation of torture victims and the prevention of torture worldwide. Our members comprise more than 140 independent organisations in over 70 countries. Each year our members treat more than 100,000 torture survivors and their families and our work is governed by the member organisations.
Our vision is a world without torture.
Our mission is to:
- Ensure that torture victims are able to access appropriate health-based torture rehabilitation services
- Ensure that torture victims are able to have full access to justice
- Contribute towards the prevention of torture worldwide
Health and Human Rights – rehabilitation of torture survivors and the prevention of torture.
- Capacity support to members and partners worldwide
- Advocacy on the international, regional and national level
- Global knowledge sharing on rehabilitation and prevention of torture
Adress: Borgergade 13, P.O. Box 9049 DK-1022, Copenhagen, Denmark
Telephone: +45 33 76 06 00